GMC sierra Performance, JET-SPRAY PISTON COOLING, DRIVER CONTROL TECHNOLOGY, Best Performance gmc sierra 2014
Sierra's available EcoTec3 5.3L V8 engine offers the best V8 fuel consumption rating of any full-size pickup1 at an estimated 13.0L per 100km city and 8.7L per 100km highway (2WD). Rated at 355 HP and 383 lb.-ft of torque, the EcoTec3 5.3L V8 offers an available class-leading max trailering of 5216 kgs (11,500 lbs.)2 when ordered with the available Max Trailering Package (Double cab, 4x2).
Sierra's all-new EcoTec3 engines are paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission and are based on 50+ years of proven small-block performance. Direct injection, Active Fuel Management and Variable Valve Timing technologies make each of those engines more powerful and more efficient than ever. Sierra offers a wide range of available EcoTec3 engines – 4.3L V6, 5.3L V8 and a 6.2L V8. The 4.3L V6 is expected to be available this summer; 6.2L V8 in the fall of 2013.
2014 Sierra owners expect outstanding power when trailering and hauling, combined with excellent efficiency when highway cruising or commuting to work. Sierra is engineered to meet these expectations with our all-new technology. These sophisticated technologies work together to optimize power and efficiency:
- Direct Injection injects gasoline directly into the combustion chamber of the cylinder and allows for the use of a higher compression ratio. This technology also improves torque, power and efficiency
- Active Fuel Management senses load and power demand, then activates or deactivates four of the engine's eight cylinders (two cylinders on V6) to meet driving conditions
- Variable Valve Timing allows for different valve timing at different engine rpm and operating conditions to maximize performance
DURALIFETM BRAKE ROTORSThis ferritic nitro-carburizing technology is a GM exclusive that hardens and strengthens rotors to prolong their life and protect against corrosion.
JET-SPRAY PISTON COOLINGPressure-actuated oil sprays the underside of each piston and surrounding cylinder wall, providing an extra layer of oil. This reduces piston temperature and allows the engine to maintain maximum power while reducing engine noise.
- StabiliTrak® with traction control helps you stay on course, even during sudden manoeuvres, by intelligently managing braking and throttle to help keep the vehicle on its intended path
- Electric power steering for nimble, dependable steering control
- Driver Shift Control lets you shift gears up and down with the tap of the shift selector
- Available Hill Descent Control allows for a controlled descent in rough terrain without use of the brake pedal
- Available automatic locking rear differential for increased traction